Welcome to the Global Culinary Initiative
Global Culinary Initiative Defined
In support of the LDEI vision, the Global Culinary Initiative was founded to embrace diversity. Food is the thread that connects all cultures and incorporates lifestyles and traditions. What better way to envelope diversity than to tap into the global cultures within our own chapter’s communities.
LDEI is an international organization of women leaders who create a supportive culture in their communities to achieve excellence in the food, beverage and hospitality professions.
Global Culinary Initiative Mission Statement
The mission of the Global Culinary Initiative is to embrace our global communities through culinary connections that will provide educational programming, training programs and cultural exchange.
Objectives are to represent the LDEI mission
Educate through raising awareness of our global culinary communities
- Establish a talent pool of members who are able to present programs within their communities
- Connect with established programs, (culinary organizations promoting global connections)
Advocate through increasing membership from diverse cultures
- Provide opportunities for sharing cultures through local, regional, national and international culinary tours
- Cultivate professional relationships with owners of ethnic restaurants and markets.
Philanthropy through supportive chapter projects that raise awareness, encourage and promote diversity
- Partner with local charities that provide services for assisting immigrants and offer to provide culinary training programs that will be career focused
- Develop and implement programs and fund-raising projects to benefit ethnic groups within chapter communities